I’ve spent over a decade building systems across various industries. My belief is people make the difference. Whether they’re colleagues, customers, investors or regulators, understanding each other and working well together is how we deliver.
Good system design is nothing until it’s realised. Delivering across multiple teams, locations and cultures is where I excel. I’ve worked with offices around the world to deliver new products at IG, built strong relationships across central government to bring transparent service performance and grown RVU’s brands using my portfolio of platforms.
Writing code is still important to me: prototyping ideas, modeling, analysis and hacks to make my life easier. I can’t give it up.
Putting together my belief in people with a modern use of software has helped me solve real problems for customers and businesses.
I lead and manage teams totalling ~30 staff, across three platform teams (Customer, Affiliate Marketing and Infrastructure) and a support function (Reliability and Security).
- Enabled double digit growth in CRM activity
- Strategy for customer data growth both in and across brands
- Joined up customer’s identity across multiple brands
Affiliate Marketing Platform
- Enabled double digit growth in PPC activity
- Reduced time to launch new product categories from months to days
- Reduced error with automated financial reconciliation, resulting in revenue uplift
- Moved RVU to ‘elite’ in all DORA categories
- Reduced customer facing team time spent on low level infrastructure from >33% to <5%
I conducted technical and security due diligence on large acquisitions (Penguin Portals £508M and Mojo Mortgages). Post acquisition I am using our platforms to accelerate brand roadmaps, bringing more value to our group via joining customers together.
My role consisted of significant departmental engagement both through the teams I was on and also as a GDS Service assessor. This also included working with the European Council's Semantic Interoperability Community.
I conceived of, pitched and delivered a new product that closed the gap between our customers and placing a trade. It used NLP to identify tradable markets in web pages that the customers were browsing, providing them a frictionless trading experience.